Thursday 31 May 2012

May Oath Complete

I had far less painting time than usual this month, so it was a bit of a struggle getting everything done.


But they're finished, and just in time.



The Janissary turned out to be a joy to paint, the interlocking edges of his armour providing plenty of opportunities for highlighting and blending.  The non-metallic-metal on his rifle could use some work, but I think I nailed it on the intake vents on his back.


The Bashi Bazook started out fun to paint but turned into a bit of a nightmare, first when I messed up his eyes, then when I kept dropping him.


His gun and his backpack turned out really well, and I'm pleased with how integrated he is with his base.  I also experimented with the new Jokaero Orange with a Fuegan Orange wash on his armour, it's very similar to the old Solar Macharius Orange.


Forgot to photograph the Nasmat Remote before I packed away my light tent, but the pictures turned out okay anyway.


I also gave this guy a Fuegan Orange wash, though over the normal Macharius Orange base coat. It gives a nice rich orange, I'm definitely a fan.

So that's May.  Two months in and I'm already a little burnt out.  We'll see if I can keep up the pace.

1 comment: